This page contains answers to a lot of the questions that you may have about the Nikken sleep system and related items. If you have a question that I do not answer here, please leave me a comment at the bottom of this page and I will answer you directly and add it to this list.
Disclaimer: I am an independent distributor and I do not speak for Nikken. These are my answers to the questions based on my everyday use of the Nikken sleep system (yes, I use the mattress topper, comforter, pillow and sleep mask every night when I sleep). They are not “official” in any way.
Click on the question link to get to the answer farther down the page.
- Magnetic Mattress Topper Questions
- Magnetic Comforter Questions
- Magnetic Pillow and Sleep Mask Questions
Magnetic Mattress Topper Questions
- How much does the Nikken mattress topper cost?
- Are magnetic mattress pads good/safe for you? Do they work?
- Are Nikken mattresses safe for infants?
- Are there any side effects of sleeping on a magnetic mattress topper?
- Can I use Nikken products if I have rods in my back?
- How do I clean the magnetic topper?
- Does the Nikken mattress pad cause issues with computers?
- Can I use the Nikken sleep system in pregnancy?
- How do magnets help while we sleep?
- Why doesn’t Nikken put their magnets into a tempurpedic mattress?
- Are the Nikken mattress toppers flame resistant?
- How do I place the nikken magnetic mattress pad on my bed?
- What is the life expectancy of a magnet in a magnetic mattress pad?
Nikken Comforter Questions
- Are magnetic blankets safe?
- Can I wash my Nikken comforter?
- Which way does the Nikken comforter face?
Other Sleep Questions – Pillows and Mask
- How much are nikken pillows?
- What are the benefits of the Nikken magnetic head pillow?
- How do you use a Nikken magnetic pillow?
- What are the benefits of magnetic sleep mask?
- How to you clean the Nikken sleep mask?
The Big Question
Do nikken sleep products work?
This is the most common question with any of Nikken’s magnetic items because most people don’t think of magnets as doing anything other than holding artwork and memos on the fridge. They are toys.
Magnetic energy is also vitally important for life to exist on Earth. The magnetic field generated by our planet shields us from some very harmful radiation that our sun throws at us. The magnetic field is generated within our planet’s core and extends out into space to surround and shield our planet. As such, we live immersed within this magnetic field and we need it as much as we need the air and water that we are also constantly surrounded by.
The natural magnetic field is effectively blocked out in houses, buildings and cars because of the metal and electrical currents that flow through their walls. We needs magnets to recreate that natural magnetic field indoors, especially in our beds where we spend about one third of our lives. That is why we use a magnetic sleep system – a magnetic mattress pad, comforter and pillow.
It is difficult to answer the question “do they work?” because it depends on your expectations. It puts you into a more natural environment, as if you were sleeping on the ground outdoors in the woods, but a whole lot more comfortably. When your body is in a natural environment it is better able to do all of the things that it normally does, repair from the previous day and prepare for the next.
When most people are asking if it works they want to know if it will cure them of their condition – cancer, sleep apnea, diabetes, or whatever the condition may be. I cannot say that it will because that is a medical claim. None of Nikken’s magnetic products are approved as medical devices, so they cannot be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition by the FDA’s definition.
Magnetic Mattress Topper Answers
How much does the Nikken mattress topper cost?
To find the price of any product on this website, just click on the picture of the item you want to know about. The Nikken page for that product will open and display the price, product description, and links to any documents that Nikken has on that product – flyers, brochures and manuals as appropriate.
If you are on a top-level page on this website (water, sleep, magnets, etc.), clicking the picture will take you to a product specific page here first. Click on the picture of the item on the new page and you will get the Nikken page in a new tab.
Are Nikken mattresses safe for infants?
My son has slept on the Nikken mattress topper since he was six months old. The only reason he wasn’t on it sooner was that we didn’t know about magnets sooner than that. If you have a concern then please check with your pediatrician. A small number of people are very sensitive to magnets so it is probably be a good idea to expose them to the magnetic energy gradually by having them lay on it or play on it for 10 to 15 minutes at first to see how they do then gradually increasing the time.
Are there any side effects of sleeping on a magnetic mattress topper?
I have only ever experienced having a great nights sleep while sleeping on the magnetic topper. I fall asleep quicker and sleep through the night.
The only negative reports I have heard are from a few people who are highly sensitive to magnets. If you are concerned that you might be too sensitive to be able to use the magnetic mattress pad then I recommend that you try something less expensive, like a PowerBand necklace or bracelet, to see how you respond to the magnets before taking on the expense of the mattress topper or the whole sleep system.